- Sleeter, B., Wilson, T., Sharygin, E., and Sherba, J., ‘Future Scenarios of Land Change Based on Empirical Data and Demographic Trends’, Earths' Future. 2017: 5(11). https://doi.org/10.1002/2017EF000560.
- Sharygin, E. and Guillot, M. ‘Ethnicity, Russification, and Excess Mortality in Kazakhstan’, Vienna Yearbook of Population Research. 2013: 13. https://doi.org/10.1553/populationyearbook2013s219.
- Sharygin, E., Das Gupta, M., and Ebenstein, A. ‘Implications of China’s future bride shortage for the geographical distribution and social protection needs of never-married men’. Population Studies. 2013: 67(1). https://doi.org/10.1080/00324728.2012.723893.
- Ebenstein, A. and Sharygin, E.. ‘The Consequences of the Missing Girls of China’. World Bank Economic Review. 2009: 23(3). https://doi.org/10.1093/wber/lhp012.
- Sharygin, E., ‘Methods for estimating population displacement after California wildfires’. Forthcoming in Taylor, A. and Karacsonyi, D., eds., Demography of Disaster (Netherlands: Springer Verlag).
- Ebenstein, A. and Sharygin, E. ‘Demographic Change, Prostitution, and Sexually Transmitted Infection Rates in China’. In Shah, M. and Cunningham, S., eds., Handbook on the Economics of Prostitution (Oxford University Press, 2015). https://doi.org/10.1093/oxfordhb/9780199915248.013.23
- Ebenstein, A. and Sharygin, E. ‘‘Bare Branches’, Prostitution, and HIV in China: A Demographic Analysis’. In Poston, D. et al., eds., HIV and Gender Policy in China: Catalyzing Policy Change. (Netherlands: Springer Verlag, 2009). https://doi.org/10.1007/978-1-4020-9900-7_5
- Sharygin, E., Reed, F., and Bozick, R., ‘California Neighborhoods Count: an evaluation and validation of housing and population estimates’. Working paper in progress.
- Sharygin, E. and Yu, C., ‘Adapting the Census residuals method for state level esitmates of emigration’.
- Sharygin, E., ‘The carbon cost of an educated future: a consumer lifestyle analysis’.
- Smith, H., Sharygin, E., and Miranda, V., ‘Evidence of Easterlin effects in the demography of homelessness in the U.S. Census’.
- Sharygin, E., ‘Application of the stable marriage theorem to projections of China's marriage market’.
- Sharygin, E., ‘Stunting and selection effects of famine: a case study in Russia’.